Monday, November 17, 2008

So Keith Olbermann's Ego does not vote. So what?

Honestly, Keith Olbermann's Ego is sick and tired of having to deal with the fall-out from this appearance on BitchFest 2008 The View. So what if the Ego does not vote? The Ego lives in the civilized world (the real, real America to borrow a phrase) and therefore is 10 years ahead of some of you in the swing states and The Ego's vote simply does not matter as a result. What difference does one vote possibly make anyway? And look, The Ego has already fully explained this position on Daily Kos, shouldn't that be enough for you people?
I Constantly Reconsider It: But I've analogized it here many times to my days in sports. When I found myself personally invested in the athletes I covered - had a meal with some, professionally friendly, that sort of stuff - there was actually a drag on my willingness to criticize them on the air. Not good. And I felt it again last spring (ironically enough) about criticizing Senator Clinton (yes, I know her supporters will spit soup over this). But you may recall I was accused, as late as January, of being "in the tank for Hillary," and even that slightest personal connection provided by the Clintons' support of The Special Comments made me hesitate or delay my criticism. I think that voting for a candidate would create the same investment for me. I doubt anybody else would feel that way, but that's my standard. And yes, if circumstances demanded that I had to walk on the edge of the cliff, and vote, I would do so. by Keith Olbermann on Fri Nov 14, 2008 at 01:24:39 PM PST
Now that makes perfect sense doesn't it? What? It doesn't to you? Well that just goes to show you that Keith Olbermann's Ego is thinking on a level way, way beyond what some of you less-intellectually gifted fans can. And so long as The Ego gets it, you should just STFU and accept The Ego's wisdom on this score, got it? Consider it yet another one of my rules for being a true Keith Olbermann fan: utter blind devotion and no questioning of what I say. Okay so that's really two laws but still, you get the point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith has standards?

Anonymous said...

Keith, it's patriotic to vote, and your civic duty! Now go register as an independent, and remember, you're not supposed to tell anyone how you voted.

Keith Olbermann's Ego said...

Registering as an independent is something that Bill O'Reilly would do. And civic duty? Keith Olbermann's ego does the entire WORLD a favor when it graces the world with its presence on a nightly basis.